Saturday, October 17, 2009

It will be ok...

So tonight, DH and I are having a night out on the town. Yes, we need some time for each other. Yes, the kids will be fine. Yes, I will worry all night but YES I will be ok.

It has probably been almost a year since DH and I have gone on a "date". With his crazy work schedule (12 hour days) and me being pregnant and now having the newborn we haven't gone anywhere. When he was home on the weekends, we spent time as a family and took the time to adjust to having another baby in the house. As Sam's mom has said before, we NEED time for ourselves. A month or so ago, my husband came home and told me that he bought season theatre tickets. (what?!!!how could you without asking ME first?)His thoughts were that if he bought them, we would have to go. Don't get me wrong ,I know that we need the time alone but I was and AM a little freaked out about leaving my 11 week old. I know that my DD7 and DD4 can take care of themselves and will be just fine with G'ma and G'pa but what about the baby?Did I mention that we are staying overnight? I get nautious thinking about it...

So today is the BIG day and my anxiety has set in. Apart from the stress from packing stuff for the kids to take with them to the G'parents, the baby needs a trunk load of stuff...and what if they don't know his different cry's, how to comfort him the way I do?What if I worry so much that I call them a million times or what if I don't call(as not to embarrass myself) and worry myself sick? What if his parents think I'm a bad mom for leaving my baby so early? WHAT IF?

Cross your fingers and your toes for me! I will enjoy dinner with my DH, The kids will be fine, and YES it will be ok.

How do you deal with leaving your children? What makes it easier?

1 comment:

Sam's mom said...

okay, if you can do this, so can I. I'm going to start with an afternoon, and try to work my way up to 1 date night a month (after Sam goes to bed, of course.)
Have fun!