Saturday, October 31, 2009

Girls Night Out

I purchased Miley Cyrus tickets back in...July for a show in Chicago last week. My goal was to surprise my daughter and her best friend by keeping it a secret until the day of the concert. As hard as it was, I made it to the day of the concert. My daughter SCREAMED with excitement when I told her to get dressed so we could go to the concert,she got even more "7 year old crazy girl acting" when we pulled in front of her best friends house to pick her up also. We had 3rd balcony seats and Miley was a dot on the stage but the girls behaved as though we had front row seats. They sang, they danced, they screamed....but most of all my girlfriend and I got to bond with our girls and have a GNO (girls night out)together. At one point during the concert, my daughter looked at me while we were both singing along with Miley and dancing and said "mom, I didn't know that you could have so much fun"...WOW....we need to take time with our kids to have fun together a little more often...play time, silly time, whatever it is..just time together doing something that everyone enjoys! Take time and have a GNO!

What would you enjoy doing with your children?

No comments: