Friday, October 30, 2009

Blueberry Crumble




I was excited when fellow blogger, InnerHOTmama asked me to write a guest post for her for Foodie Friday. Thanks so much, Angel for inviting me!

Blueberries are a fruit that I bake with alot. My boys love them and they are really good for you too.

Today, I’m sharing my Blueberry Crumble recipe.



Ingredients:

1/2 c. Butter
2 c. Flour
1 1/2 t. Baking Powder
1/2 t. Salt
3/4 c. Sugar
1 Egg
1 t. Vanilla
1/2 c. Milk
5 c. Blueberries, Fresh or Frozen
1 t. Cinnamon
2 t. Ground Nutmeg
1/4 t. Salt
1/4 c. Brown Sugar
1 c. Flour
6 T. Butter, at room temperature
Directions:

Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3-4 min. Add egg and vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and milk. Gently fold in berries. Pour batter into prepared square baking dish, sprinkle with crumb topping. Bake at 350 for about 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.


Liz Latham
HME of http://hoosierhomemade.com/




No comments: