Monday, October 12, 2009

Curly or Straight

My goal has been to get dressed everyday. For SAHM's that is a difficult task as you are not getting dressed to go anywhere but are getting dressed for yourself. I have bought a couple of outfits since I had the baby, better than wearing my husbands t-shirts with huge sweatpants, and put them on every morning before taking the kids to school. I do my makeup and feel put together but realize that something has been missing. MY HAIR!!!! I have curly hair and feel like I don't have a style...its always and I mean ALWAYS in a ponytail...If I straighten it , I'll look like cotton ball by noon in this rainy weather, if I wear it curly, I have to wash it every morning and apply product and thats no fun. I am stuck and don't feel like my "LOOK" is complete. Any help would be appreciated!!! What kind of hair do you have? How do you complete your look when your hair won't cooperate?

3 comments:

dunlapfabfive said...

My go-to style that is easy, but looks put together is the.... HEADBAND. My hair is too short to put up, but can look pretty crappy if I don't want to spend much time on it to keep it down. With a headband I can blow dry, slip it on, and be out the door QUICKLY!!

Good Luck!

Sam's mom said...

I know our hair is different, but when mine was long and curly, I didn't wash it every day. I would spray it will a little water and put in some shine drops (silicone) to refresh the style. With Sam's hair (which is quickly changing into tighter curls) I wash it once a week, and spray it daily with a mixture of 2/3 water 1/3 Burt's Bees Apricot oil. It really brings out the curl nicely and gives it shine; it stays that way all day.

Zenful Mommy said...

thanks for the comments! I am going to try the headband(will make me look good, even on a bad day) and the water mixture! Thanks