Monday, October 19, 2009

I Did It!


Yeah I did it! I went on a date with the hubby and the kids were fine! Anxiety had definitely set in once it was time to leave the kids at the G'parents house but I made it through. Hubby and I were able to check into our hotel and have lunch and a glass of wine at the lobby bar....mind you with no interruptions, no wiping of noses, cutting other peoples food or multiple group trips to the bathroom.We then got to take an hour nap...I think that I could have slept forever! Who knew what a nap could do for your spirits? Maybe I need to make nap time everyday for myself, just to rejuvenate. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner and then went to the opening night of the Joffrey Ballet which was amazing! We slept in late the next morning and enjoyed a nice walk down Michigan avenue...just enjoying each others company. It is so true that Happy Parents = A Happy Home. Take the time for yourself...spend some time alone with your spouse . I love my children dearly and missed them more than I could imagine..I couldn't wait to see their little faces but taking the time to re-connect with my hubby was worth it!


p.s. the picture is of the shoes that I wore for our date, they have been sitting in my closet for over a year! LOVE THEM!


Can you make time to do something with your spouse or significant other at least once a month?

No comments: