Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A commitment to MYSELF

Continuing on the road to ditch Ms. Frumpy-Dumpy, I need to make decisions that are HEALTHY and make a commitment to myself to stick to those decision.  I don't want to make lifestyle changes for any reason other than to become more healthy and set good examples for my son.
So, I promise myself:
1.  To take Sam for an evening walk, after work, at least 3x a week.  This will get us out of the house, and get a little extra exercise for me.  It will also allow G about 45 mins-1 hour of alone time those nights, which he despiritely needs & deserves.  Also, take time for longer walks at least once on the weekends.  When it gets too chilly....find an inside track (I hate treadmills.)
2.  To do some stretching/yoga everyday.
3.  To eat healthier. Veggies EVERYDAY.  Less caffeine.  Fast food no more than 3x month.
4.  To NOT weigh myself.  Judge progress on how I feel and the fit of my clothing alone.
5.  To not berate myself if I fail on the above, but instead to try harder the next day/week.

What commitments are you ready to make to yourself to get/stay healthy?

2 comments:

dunlapfabfive said...

Taking a walk outside with Sam is such a great idea. I had some serious baby blues with Zach and just taking in the fresh air outside did wonders for my mental health. He was colicky and it did wonders for him, too!! Great idea for G, too. Just an hour of some alone time can really make a difference after spending all day with a toddler!
I go to Jazzercise about 4x/week. My kids are older, now, but I would always tow them along with me from about 6 weeks on up. MANY days it was hard to get out of my pj's and go, but the endorphins from exercise were and still are the biggest reason I work out.
Hope your plan of attack goes smoothly and those baby blues are long gone SOON!!

Zenful Mommy said...

We are all in the same boat. Having some time for yourself if great! I wanted to go to the gym but with this bad flu season, I don't want to expose the baby so I have been working out at home when everyone is asleep. The feeling you get is awesome from exercising and it makes you not want to put CRAP in your body...