Friday, October 30, 2009

Foodie Friday Guest Blogger: Hidden Pumpkin Cupcakes

From our friend Gretchen.  She is a busy working mom with both home-grown children and a lovely girl born in Ethiopia.  She is raising healthy/happy children and has a surprisingly healthy cupcake recipe that both kids and grown-ups will love.  I thought it would be perfect for Halloween!
------------------------
Hidden Pumpkin Cupcakes



1 cake mix (I like Devil's Food best)
1 cup canned pumpkin

1 cup water
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips


Mix together and pour into greased or papered cupcake pan. Bake @350 for about 20 minutes. Top with FF Cool Whip. I can usually get 24 medium cupcakes or 12 giant ones.

Medium cupcakes are 2 Weight Watcher pts.
------------------------
Experiment with this quick and easy recipe.  I think Spice cake mix with butterscotch chips instead of the chocolate chips would be fantastic.  Hmm, I might just have to make some this weekend. 
Happy Halloween everyone!

No comments: