Monday, January 4, 2010

Self confidence courtesy of Old Navy

This weekend I went shopping for a new pair of jeans.  I had lost 4 lbs in December, but then gained it back over the holidays.  (boo-hiss!) But my old jeans were looking really frumpy.  You know, when the gut of the jeans is too baggy and makes your pooch look even bigger than it is?  Like that.  I tried on some of my smaller jeans (I have about 4 different sizes in my closet), but they were a tad snug.  So I went out looking for a slimmer cut of the same size.

Now, I would love to report that I found I could wear a smaller size at Old Navy.  But I cannot.  Instead, I can report that I found a pair in a much slimmer cut: not the forgiving "trouser" jean style I had been wearing. They are definitely smaller in the thigh (circumference) and I believe smaller waist and seat, if only slightly.
I feel more confident in these jeans.  I felt like my old pair were a bit of a cop-out. These jeans are more flattering BECAUSE THEY ACTUALLY FIT.  I have a tendency to wear too-big clothing but I know that's not the most flattering.  Clothing that fits is always more flattering. I love these jeans.

These jeans also make me feel like the food and exercise changes I'm making are paying off.  Even if not on the scale (yet) I think I'm losing centimeters (I wouldn't say inches yet.)

Do you have a special piece of clothing that makes you feel more confident, no matter your dress size?

3 comments:

Writer Unleashed said...

My daughter's all grown up now but I remember going for years and years not bothering about my appearance. It just seemed like too much effort. But it really is worth the effort because when you look good you feel good. I hate that feeling when you are just so down on yourself that you don't even want people to look at you. But just that little bit of extra effort really does boost the confidence. And a more confident you is a happier you.

TirzahLaughs said...

One outfit that makes you feel good is worth almost any price.

It's your go-to outfit when you need a lift or need to go out.

Tirz

scooping it up said...

Just found your blog. Kinda fun. I will say a pair of jeans that really fits my butt is the key to my self confidence. For me, I will never ever wear jeans taht are 100% cotton. They must contain that little 2% lycra. The stretch makes all the difference.