Thursday, January 14, 2010

Happy Girl Hair: Natural Haircare for Kids



I have two girls who have enough hair for 5 or 6 people. It is thick..it is curly...it is beautiful and I have struggled over the past few year with how to manage it. My 7 year old wants to wear her hair down everyday...NOT.....my 4 year old really doesn't care too much but doesn't like the detangling process..thus SCREAMS at me when I do her hair. We wash and DO the whole hair "Thingy" once a week...and that one a week, is like a 6 hour process.


1. one girl gets in the shower, I add the shampoo..we wash

2. We rinse and wash again

3. We do conditioner...and its not working good enouh

4. Screaming as conditioner is in her eyes...

5. We do a DEEP conditioner....leave on for 10 minutes (yes we are wasting water..as the shower is still going...they sit and play while the conditioner is in, like they are in a jungle under a water fall)

6. We rinse....

7. We exit the shower and the Detangling Process begins...between 30 min to an hour..depending on how much they wore their hair "DOWN" that week

8. Blowdrying (40 minutes) or just braiding (my choice...and only 10 min)

....and then we start all over again with girl #2....and in between I take care of my 5 month old...

So I was EXCITED and wanted to do back flips when Sam's mom sent me to this site! YIPPEE, check it out and show her some LOVE.

..and she has the right name for her site...HAPPY GIRL HAIR


Happy Girl Hair: Natural Haircare for Kids: International AdoptionTravel & Hair Care

3 comments:

Writer Unleashed said...

My daughter is 'mixed-race' and we struggled for years with her hair. It just had so much 'life' to it :) In the end, we resorted to straightening. I didn't want to do this as her natural hair was so beautiful but it was the knots! Looks like a brilliant site you found there. i could've done with that years ago xx

Marlo said...

Yay! So glad you like Happy Girl Hair! I hope you find useful info that makes hair care easier on everyone.

Sam's mom said...

Even though we have a "happy boy" we love this site. Sammy's biggest problem is snarls in the back which are awful. We don't want to cut off his hair because of these, so are using many of the tips from this site to keep his hair long and his disposition happy!