Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Friends that are Family

We are all born into a family, however there are some that are placed in our lives that become "FAMILY" to us. I have to say that we have been blessed with many friends that are like family to us. Our children have a few "aunts" and "uncles" that are not in anyway related to us but that are "family" in our hearts. I am thankful for them and for what they bring to our lives.

Be thankful for those around you and surround yourself with those that enhance your lives and limit time with those that bring you negativity.

Do you have friends that are "FAMILY"?



2 comments:

Sam's mom said...

We sure do! We feel blessed to call your family OUR family each and every day.
I was just thinking (and feeling old) that I've almost known you longer than I have not ... we are going on 18 years now as "sisters"!

Anonymous said...

It is great to open up to be able to welcome friends as family. It is also a way to open up one's connection to humanity as a whole outside of the restrictions of one's "tribe".

Thanks for sharing this and sparking the conversation.

And thanks for commenting at my blog so I could have the opportunity to find your blog. I am now following you.

Aine
theevolvingspirit.blogspot.com