Monday, January 18, 2010

Mamavation Monday

There is an amazing group of mom's over at Bookieboo...it is a group of moms with one thing in mind, a healthier lifestyle. I am joining a group over there called the Mamavation Sistahood, which is a group of women that will all support one another while obtaining a healthier lifestyle. This is something that I so desperately want...to be healthy, NOT super skinny just healthy, WHATEVER that may mean for MY BODY, I accept it.


Over the last week, I made some definite changes.

Nutrition: I became conscious of EVERYTHING i put in my mouth and made deliberate decisions not to eat off of my kids plates(or finish their dinner). I ate 5 to 6 small meals a day and drank tons and tons of water. My meals were all (ok, NOT ALL) healthy, no chips (except for the one that I tasted while making my daughters lunch), no cookies, a couple of peices of chocolate(enough to satifsfy my craving..but not a whole candy bar), and TONS of fruits and veggies (which I think sent my body into some sort of shock ☺)I even ate out but made sure not to choose healthier items. I added extra calories to each of my meals as I am still nursing my son but made sure that they were healthy choices and not empty calories.



Workouts: I did 6 days of workouts, alternating between strength training and cardio(kick you butt fat burning stuff!) My workouts were done at home using the Power 90 tapes...they kicked my butt but I got results! I didn't want to work out on several days and tried to talk myself out of it, especially when it was already 9pm when I started to work out!



This is the first week in a long time that I have :

1. Slept soundly

2. Had energy throughout the day

3. Cared about what I put into my body

4. Been able to fit into a smaller pair of jeans...





Results from week 1:

3.5 pounds lost

2 inches lost off of my waist

1 1/2 inches lost off of each thigh



I NEED TO "HIGH FIVE" somebody! I feel great and am going to keep it up! Thanks everyone for your support! We'll see what next week brings but as for now, I am taking one day at a time.




16 comments:

srjava said...

That's great Z!
I'm in the last 30 days of the Power 90 program myself. I never seem to stick to a planned workout session if it is in the evening. For this reason I make sure to plop the workout DVD in the player every morning, before anything else. Of course this means I get out of bed at 4 AM, but doing so I haven't missed a session for 65 straight days. One of the things that really helps out is the motivation factor that the TeamBeachBody site provides. I started out with a free account which provides access to much of the reources, but decided to upgrade it after only a short time.
Check out a free account by clicking here!

Sam's mom said...

Hey! Can you see me from outside the office window? I'm offering up my fist for a pump! WAY TO GO!! That's really fantastic.
I had 2 back-to-back BAD business trips (ie: bad eating), but managed a net loss of 5 lbs over the past month. Have had a very long-term cold, but it's clearing, so I'm looking forward to getting back to the gym very, very soon.
Good habits do pay off.

geargiveaways said...

HIGH FIVE COMIN AT YA!

3.5 lbs is phenomenal! Keep doing what you're doing, allowing yourself the small treats will keep you going!

Lisa Samples said...

You did spectacular! I'm so proud of you...what a champ! Go you!

Trish said...

3.5 pounds! That is awesome!! I am really proud of all the hard work you have done! Keep it up!

bookieboo said...

Wow girl! You lost 3.5lbs!! Woot woot! You are really mixing it up with the cardio & strength training. That is going to make the weight come off faster. The second time I had to lose weight after baby I did that and yowzers! Good job! XXOO

Katie @ Frugal Femina said...

Ok, you had the best week ever! I will high-five you, girl! I especially liked the part about how you are sleeping better and have more energy. Niiiice! Keep it up!

TheBusyBabyMama said...

Congrats on 3.5 pounds! That's awesome!

Unknown said...

HIGH FIVE, girlfriend!! Great way to start!

I am so with you regarding not eating off the kids plates. It's SO hard!

Good for you - you are doing great! Keep it up!

JustTracyB said...

3.5 pounds??? Holy Moly that rocks! Good for you for coming to all the realizations you did this week. It's a learning process. I learn something new every week about myself, and so happy to be on the journey wih so many great ladies!

Amy said...

Awesome First week and Wow to the workouts! You are doing fabulous! Good luck in week two, we are here to cheer you on!

Mandy said...

oh my gosh! *high five, high five, high five!* That is great! down 3.5 AND smaller jeans? Fantastic! Keep it up!

(And woo hoo to the Avon BC walk! I am a Komen 3-day BC walker. We are sister walking soldiers!)

MOMMY-MOMO said...

OH my gosh... good for you!!! You've got this! congrats on the weight loss! You're goals and planning is perfect! Im excited to cheer you on! way to go!

Anonymous said...

Positive attitude, positive eating and positive moving! WTG and keep it up!

Kim said...

Holy cow! Great job! *high 5*

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a great start - keep up the good work!