Monday, November 16, 2009

Pre-product review: Mineral Makeup revisited


A month or so ago, I did a product review on Mineral Makeup, telling you about Neutrogena's mineral line.  While I still like the ease of application, my sister recently had me check out another line.  It's the Signature Minerals line and I'm going to do a full product review soon.  Before that, I wanted to let you in on a little secret: you can try this makeup for FREE.  What?  yes, FREE.  You can pick out 6 samples, any combination of foundation, blush, concealer, finishing powder, and eye shadow to try and just pay $7 S&H.  No catch.  And if you decide to purchase some makeup, you can get $2.50 samples of new shades to try, before you purchase the full-size jars (so you don't end up with a drawer full of unused blue eyeshadow!)  The makeup itself is relatively in-expensive as far as mineral makeup goes.  It's a big cheaper than the Neutrogena line and has more variety.  It's about 1/2 the cost of Bare Minerals, which I used for close to 4 years. 
They post all ingredients on both the website and each product jar. On the website here, you can compare the ingredients in SM to other similar mineral makeup lines.  I was shocked at how much crap is in most makeup, even the mineral makeup I was using, which I thought was "pure."
Here is the link for the free sample kit.  Please get it, try it, and tell me what you think.


** please note that Inner HOTmama is not paid to promote any product.  We do try different products and give you our real, honest opinion.  That's it.  I literally stumbled upon this product line and can assure you that SM doesn't even know I'm blogging about their product.

1 comment:

Zenful Mommy said...

Have you ordered your sample? I may have to try this! Thanks for the post!