Monday, November 30, 2009

Bliss for sale

Massage.


Did you KNOW about this magnificent bit of bliss conveniently located at your local nail salon?? At least, it's conveniently located at my local (aka: walking distance) nail salon. Until 3pm on Sunday, I had never had a massage before. Never. Ever. The main reason was, while my RSD was active, I couldn't. With all the surgeries and hardware in my back, no one would touch me, and quite frankly, I don't think it would have been the best of ideas. But I've been in remission for well over a year now, so I thought, WHAT THE HELL??
I paid such a ridiculously low price for 1/2 hour that I gave my masseuse a ridiculous tip (heck, it's the holidays, right??) She did surface work, deep tissue work, heat work, the whole nine yards of massage. She even climbed up on the table to get in a better position to "dig in." She was AMAZING! I've never done hard drugs but I'm guessing this was on par with crack.
I carry all of my stress in my back, so I'll likely need a massage every 2 weeks to receive the greatest benefit. Of course, I'm gonna consider it a medical expense rather than a frivolous beauty expense. Oh, and I think I'm going to call the Pres. and recommend 30 mins, 2x week for all world leaders. I do believe it could be the answer to world peace. I mean, WHO could think about invading a neighboring country, or forming a coup, or testing nukes if they are BLISSED OUT???
What about you...do you get massages?

No comments: