Monday, December 28, 2009

New Years' resolutions a bit early.

My gift to myself this ME Monday is forgiveness. I’ve been working hard to change my eating habits the past several weeks, and it has paid off: I’ve lost 3 lbs. Or rather, I HAD lost 3 lbs.
Last week, Christmas week, I gained those 3 lbs back. It was shocking to step on the scale this morning and learn that. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised; I ate like a PIG Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It was disgusting. I literally gave myself a stomach ache several times over.
But as the song goes, I’ll pick myself up, dust myself off, and start all over again.
I also know that I DO NOT want those fatty, sugary foods inside my body any more. I felt sick all weekend: so what’s the point? Sure a cookie here and there is FINE, but not to the extent I took it.


I will do better this week, and I’ve learned a valuable lesson about the foods I want to put into my body. So, here’s to new beginnings a bit before the New Year.

1 comment:

Zenful Mommy said...

boy o boy am I with you. I have felt sick for the past few days...lethargic and I know its from all of the crap I've put in my body. Working on Clean Eating.