Monday, December 21, 2009

Holidays



So today's "me Monday" I thought I would make "we Monday". We , as in my family. Every year around Christmas, we take some time out for us. We get a hotel room and spend some quality time together, no phones, no email, no laundry etc.....The kids pick something that they want to do , which this year was a horse and carriage ride, and we make no other plans. We headed for Chicago for the night, rooms are VERY cheap right before Christmas, we paid $99 for the night at the Marriott on Michigan Avenue(they even included American Girl Doll beds in the room). We spent a lot of time talking, holding hands while walking around and just re-connecting as a whole family unit. This time is important for us as my husband usually gets home after the kids are in bed every night. The kids chose our restaurant for dinner , Rosebud on Rush, which they said has the best buttered noodles on earth!(i am not sure how you could ruin buttered noodles but whatever). Anyway, My husband and I enjoyed a nice dinner with our children, got to have a couple of glasses of wine and the girls couldn't have been more excited about their carriage ride, they were Princesses in their Carriage!Now that we are back home, they are already talking about next years trip!


Wishing everyone a joyous Holiday season!
Do you have any special holiday traditions?






No comments: