Wednesday, February 3, 2010

You were right

Gawd I hate admitting that. But you said (a collective you) that exercise would give me more energy and help me sleep more deeply at night. I fought you. I bitched about it. I made excuses. And then I did it.

And I must say, you were right. 

I've been getting about 150 minutes/week in via walking and such.  Nothing hard-core.  But today I did 40 mins on the elliptical at the gym (thank you LaGrange YMCA for adding 4 extra machines this summer!), a feat never before attempted because after 15 minutes my thighs were burning and quivering (and not in a good way, wink-wink, nudge-nudge.) But today I felt GREAT, and actually had energy to spare afterwards, which would have translated into time on the weight machines if not for the YMCA babysitting ending at 12 noon (it's a work-at-home day in between a ton of suburban meetings.)

Oh, and I'm sleeping deeper than I have in...well...forever. Now, part of that is the fact that Sam is sleeping, in his own bed, ALL NIGHT LONG. This has been going on for almost 2 weeks now and it is delicious. He does wake at 5:30-6 but he'll go back to sleep for another hour in our bed, which I'll do for the extra sleep. But the hours between 11p-6a are pure and utter bliss. Okay, so Sam may be waking up, but G and I don't know about it because we are sleeping so well. I think we would hear him...

The moral of this story? 2 points for you 0 for me. Maybe I'll be right about something else fitness related in the near future.

1 comment:

Oil and Vinegar said...

Exercise helps me sleep better too. Good for you for taking care of yourself!