Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday check-in

Slow and steady wins the race.  

I've always been the hare...running, running, running.  Often frantically.  My husband calls it "jazz hands."  But now, I'm trying to slow down.  Thinking about what I put into my body.  Meal planning so I'm not getting something on the go.  Planning time for workouts.  I'm staying veg and fitting tons of fruit, veg & fiber into my everyday eating.  I'm more satisfied.  I'm actually fuller eating about 1/2 the calories I used to.

And I've found that I WANT to be the tortoise.  Because the tortoise is winning.  I am winning.

Since January 1st I'm down 14 lbs and 1 size.  I am sleeping soundly and have energy to spare.  I run around with my son and hold nightly "dance parties" (which is quite interesting with a 1 1/2 year old in case you haven't tried it before.)

Thanks Zenful Mommy for challenging us ALL to be healthier mommies!

2 comments:

Abby said...

Congratulations! Not only on the weight loss but also on discovering how to lead a more balanced life. Keep it up.

JustTracyB said...

Great loss so far. It's amazing how much energy is released once a few pounds drop. I have a 3 1/2 yr old son that I have all day (my daughter is in school) so I know how much energy it takes to keep up.

You should be proud of your new eating habits. I am still working on getting more veggies into our diets.