Thursday, February 25, 2010

Have you heard?


Have you heard about Etsy?  Do you know about this fabulous online boutique where you can purchase anything from vintage earrings to hand-made baby clothes?  Quilts to knitted caps?  Shoes to dolls to wall hangings?  And everything in between.
Etsy is a favorite place of mine.  There are amazing finds and real deals on the site.  I love that I can purchase handmade/homemade products and most crafted by moms.  How great is that?


Today I want to introduce you to possibly my favorite Etsy mom crafter.  Sandi is a SAH who somehow finds time to sew, quilt and craft.  She makes many of the amazing outfits her children wear by hand.  She is one of the most involved school moms I've ever known, and is officially a HOTmama for her strong, loving 16 year-but-its-like-their-first-date marriage and oh-so-intelligent and delightfully feisty four kids.

For me, it was love at first quilt: Sandi's work is amazing.  The detail and fabrics are amazing.  We've washed this "Piece of Africa" quilt about a million times, and it just gets softer with each wash. 

 Knowing how much we love the "Piece of Africa" quilt, Sandi recently made the matching name banner for Sam.  
Sandi's work is very reasonably priced and I invite you to check out her site.  Let me know what you think.

Note: These are my honest personal opinions.  I was not paid for this review.  I have purchased many items from Sandi's shop.  She did recently send the banner as a gift for Sam but in no way requested a positive review in return.

No comments: