Monday, February 1, 2010

Portion control & 150 a week

I have now learned the art of portion control.  I had NO IDEA how much I was eating before.  300 cal of healthy food is still 300 cal.  I took about 3 weeks to measure things out and now can pretty much eye-ball it.  I can tell you what 2 c of spinach, 1/4 c nuts, 1 serving of pretzels, 1 inch cube of cheese all look like.  I've also been getting my 150+ minutes of exercise a week.  That represents 30 mins/day for 5 days.  Last week I got in 180 minutes and my goal for this week is 200 minutes. 

Overall, I've lost over 12% of my weight-loss goal (okay, I'm just gonna say it and get it out of the way, I'm trying to lose 100 lbs to reach a healthy, "normal" BMI.)  I've given myself 18 months to lose the weight...slow and steady wins the race and insures the weight will STAY OFF this time around.

Stats: down 12.5 lbs in 7 weeks and almost ready to go down a dress size from where I started.

How are you doing on your "get healthy" goals?

1 comment:

dunlapfabfive said...

That's AWESOME... keep it up!!