Friday, July 9, 2010

Uncle Ben's Kitchen Kickoff Party





I was one of the lucky bloggers chosen to host a party for Uncle Ben's Rice! I received recipes, tons of product and decorations for my event as well as a gift card to purchase the supplies. We tried their Natural Whole Grain Brown Rice, Fastand Natural Instant Brown Rice and Boil-In-Bag Whole Grain Brown Rice.

My husband is not normally a fan of brown rice, saying that is either "too chewy" or "too crunchy". Our favorite recipe by far is listed below and even my picky husband enjoyed it! My girlfriends are now brown rice eaters too!



UNCLE BEN’S® Chicken, Apple, Walnut and Brown Rice Salad

Serves: 6 Prep time: 20

Ingredients
2 bags UNCLE BEN’S® Boil-In-Bag Whole Grain Brown Rice
2 cups shredded skinless chicken breast cooked and cooled
2 medium green apples thinly sliced
1 cup red onion finely chopped (optional)
1/3 cup toasted walnuts coarsely chopped
2 Tbsp. fresh sage chopped
6 Tbsp. low-fat balsamic vinaigrette

Instructions
1. Prepare UNCLE BEN’S® Boil-in-Bag Whole Grain Brown Rice according to package directions. Let cool.
2. If chicken is not already cooked, grill in pan under medium-high heat until cooked through.
3. In a large bowl, toss together rice, chicken, green apple, red onion, walnuts and balsamic vinaigrette.
4. Garnish with fresh sage. Serve cold or room temperature.



"I wrote this review while participating in a Kitchen Kickoff campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Uncle Ben's. Mom Central sent me a gift card and other Uncle Ben's items to thank me for taking the time to participate."

No comments: