Friday, June 4, 2010

Avon Walk for Breast Cancer



WOW!!! just 12 hours away (according to our little timer on the side of the page) until the walk!


Do I feel ready? Not really, I did tons of little walks between 1 and 5 miles and one long walk of 10 miles. I wish that I could've done at least one longer walk....just to prepare. Mentally, I am ready because I know that once I meet up with my team "Breast Intentions", the adrenaline will start flowing. I know that I can complete the walk, 26 1/2 miles on day 1 and 13 miles on day 2, because I have done it before. I know that if it rains, I will keep going, if I feel tired, I will keep going, if I want to QUIT, I WILL KEEP GOING!


I look at our team Captain, Barb, and see what an AMAZING survivor she is! TRULY TRULY amazing woman! She is an inspiration to us all and I walk WITH her and FOR HER.

I walk for my family and friends who have been touched by Breast Cancer...I walk for my Beautiful daughters, so that they will not have to endure what so many women have had to.


Thank you everyone for your love, kind words and endless support.......

1 comment:

one + one said...

Tried to email you twice to say...
Go, MEG!

Good luck tomorrow!!